2.11.06

leaf-blow me



I pretty much think leaf blowers should not only be banned from downtown and Midtown, but also California in general.

That said, when you get two or more of those puppies running early in the morning--say, around 6:30 a.m.--the sounds phase in and out and echoe in the grid, bouncing off buildings and ricocheting about. There's a cool ambient quality to them. But yeah, that's there only redeeming facet--if at all--so for the record: fuck 'em! Especially where I live, in East Sac, which is why I need to movie immediately.

There were a lot of people on the 31 bus this morning, most I've seen at that hour since last February, I'd imagine. There was rain last night, so the biker constituency wussed out (yours truly included) and took the bus. Well, I was just biking along and saw the bus and figured, "Takin' it."

Still leaves on the trees, however. I give them 21 days.

Outside my office, they're building that MARS loft/retail project. Luxury living, work flats, retail, pizza till 3 a.m.--yeah, yeah, yeah. Here's a photo.


I'm so fucking sick of construction in my block. It's getting better, but the nine-to-five drone of machinery and two-by-fours dropping against concrete makes it hard to focus. OK, I'm done.

In other news, we've got a softball game tonight and if we win, I get to shave. So let's hope we fucking take the cake (or at least don't get rained out).

The Kings lost their season opener, and it wasn't pretty. Bibby was ejected for rolling his eyes, and the team had, what, 10 turnovers in the fourth quarter!? At one point, Artest grabbed Kenny Thomas' arm during a time out to talk to him and Thomas pulled away in a fit. Communication issues. No go-to players. No offense. Same ol' whiny Kings. I'm still hoping Musselman will whip them into shape, though he pulled an Adelman in the fourth and just stood there, arms-crossed, while K-Mart stared at him wantingly. "Hey coach, what should we do." "Get a spine, Fade."

OK, I'm done. When does baseball season start again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, if we ban all those leafblowers there will be many hardworking Mexicans without jobs. Seriously. Don't hate the brown man!