31.3.09

I don't take walks I blog them 2














It's nice when an early evening walk becomes something unexpected.


I was snapping boring shots of Midtown's dying palm trees (anyone else noticing this?) and the Vagicorn spray-paint tagging when I ran into Daniel White kicking off "BBQ blast '09" on the sidewalk out front of his pad.

I went home to photograph Amy eating popcorn but later took Leroy back to the BBQ Blast, which was a good time but unexpectedly lacking in actual BBQ fare, which is funny because who throws a BBQ without anything to grill.

Later at the Press Club Sister Crayon and the New Humans played at the fourth-anniversary party. This was the best SC set I'd seen yet, but I really would like to see them more focused, more rehearsed, because I think--and I hate writing things like this--that they could be a huge band. HUGE!

3 comments:

Jeff M. said...

I didn't miss that wavves show, did I? What day is that? and did that graffiti source fall through?

fft said...

Wavves is on 4/12.

Working on the graff.

Jeff M. said...

cool thanks