27.4.09

The night I lost my wallet




I wasn't as stoked on Wounded Lion as I thought I was going to be after hearing the Rick Ele pitch. They were cool and brought an energy that you just don't see among local bands, but were a bit too goofy, still. The guy in the middle playing tambourine was zany. A lot of dad jeans and pop rock.

I went to the block party for a bit before the Abe Vigoda/Vivian Girls show: what a dud. I feel bad for the organizers because it was barely one-third full and Wyclef's set was pretty weak--cover songs and greatest hits, all three of them.

Otherwise I was sick as a pig on Sunday and just sat around smoking pot out of an apple bong ... until a crow ate some of my apple and the weed (I bet that crow is dead/fucked up, which makes me feel kind of bad).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some random dude gave my friend a pass to Wyclef after the Luigi's show got out, so she got in while I watched from the fence..big boobs will get u anything, but yeah it didn't seem like I missed much.

I thought Dog Party totally upstaged the other 3 bands, maybe cus they seemed genuinely happy to be there, while everyone else was very "meh" imo

fft said...

wow abe vigoda and viv girlz were great